Here's another bunch of interesting tid-bits about Ghana:
1) Lake Volta in the Volta region is one of the largest man-made lakes in the world. It occupies 3.6 per cent of Ghana's surface.
2) Surprisingly, English is the official language of Ghana.
3) Ghana is the third African country to reach the quarter final of the 2010 World Cup.
4) 24 million people occupy Ghana, with the Akan tribe being the largest.
5) The personal assistant of Kwame Nkrumah (Ghana's first president) was Erica Powell, an English girl from Brighton. Some believe their relationship wasn't always professional...